Promotional products (Products branded with a company’s logo, slogan or tagline) are giveaway products used in marketing, sales and advertising. Organizations typically give away promotional products, also referred to as swag and promotional merchandise, to their audience which includes employees, and clients.
Tradeshows can also be a great venue to hand out promotional items and tend to work well in conjunction with a contest as a form of giveaway.
Businesses utilise promotional items to increase awareness of their brand, promote their goods and services, expand their client base and improve company culture for their employees.
Reputable promotional product suppliers can help businesses build brand recognition and connect with their employees and customers.
Reasons Why Promotional Products are Important
In general, we would say that Canadian promotional products serve as an effective means of advertising for businesses to market themselves and support them in the following ways:
1. Increase brand awareness: Businesses can drive brand awareness through the use of promotional products. Companies can boost the efficiency of their marketing campaigns and draw in new clients by using promotional handouts and thoughtfully crafted swag boxes.
2. Connect with your employees: The ability of promotional items to improve employee engagement is the second reason we firmly believe in the power of promotional products. Show appreciation to employees with well thought out promotional products.
3. Keep your audience engaged and loyal: The explanation is straightforward and directly related to our prior discussion about interacting with your employees and building engagement and loyalty. Promotional items can be practical marketing tools that can assist you in building enduring customer and employee relationships.
How to Use Promotional Products?
Since promotional goods may be used in various ways, deciding where and when to use them can be challenging. Here are some ideas of creative ways to utilize promotional merchandise based on your company's objectives:
• Corporate gifts: Promotional products make for excellent corporate gifts.
Show your appreciation to employees or customers with well thought out branded merchandise. It demonstrates that as an organization you value and appreciate staff and customers.
• Tradeshows: Distributing promotional products at tradeshows is a great way to drive awareness of your company and brand. In addition, promotional products also tend to work well in conjunction with a contest at tradeshows.
• Holiday parties: Holidays forever create a feeling of excitement. Giving out promotional items in goodie bags is something recipients are excited to receive. You can even brand your gift bag, ribbon and tissue with your company’s logo.
• Events: Whether it be a small-scale event or a large event with thousands of attendees giving out promotional items is a great way to promote your brand and drive awareness.
• Prizes and giveaways: You may have noticed freebies on several social media sites. Hosting giveaways by big businesses or reality stars has become the norm. To increase their chances of winning a promotional item social media users are asked to like, share, and tag others. Undoubtedly, this increases the visibility of enterprises.
Examples of a Promotional Product
1. Hoodies: A personalized hoodie is one of those branded products that most people have almost certainly acquired at some point in their lives, and there's a good reason for that. Businesses can customize hoodies in a wide variety of ways and recipients tend to hang onto a hoodie for an extended period of time which is great for driving brand awareness.
2. Bluetooth speakers: With tech giveaways on the rise, Bluetooth speakers make for a fantastic giveaway option. They are compact, portable, offer great sound quality and some can even charge phones and other devices wirelessly.
3. Drinkware: Companies worldwide are customizing and giving out personalized drinkware as promotional gifts to their clients and customers. Custom tumblers, branded coffee mugs, and personalized water bottles are just a few examples of the various drinkware options that marketers can get from the distributors of their promotional products.
4. Backpacks: Another product that can help you to connect with your audience efficiently and cost-effectively is the promotional backpack. People of all ages can utilize a personalized backpack. This is the perfect on-the-go item that can help spread brand awareness.
5. T-shirts: Transform your audience into walking billboards with branded Custom promotional apparel. Plus, with t-shirts specifically, they tend to be cost-effective so you can stay on budget.
6. Tote bag: The ever-popular tote bag is great way to display your company’s branding. Plus, eco-friendly re-usable tote bags are a great way to show your organizations support for the environment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What are promotional items used for?
A. Promotional products are an affordable marketing tool that allow companies to effectively reach a wide audience. In addition, promotional products help to drive brand engagement, awareness and recognition with translates into increased sales for organizations.
Q2. Do promotional items work?
A. Yes, promotional products do work. According to the Advertising Specialties Impressions Study (ASI), promo items are still the most highly viewed form of advertising among consumers. Plus, nearly three-quarters of the recipients can recall the business name that provided them with the promotional item.
Q3. What are promotional product strategies?
A. Companies use a promotional strategy to market, promote, and sell their products.
There are many different strategies available to incorporate branded merchandise into an organizations marketing plans. Corporations typically decide on a Promotional marketing products strategy depending on various variables, including product type, marketing budget, target market, etc.